90% Funded

 First of all, thank all of you who have donated to the campaign or pre-ordered copies. It means so much to see that there are people out there who are as excited to read this passion project, as I am to complete it.

If you don't know me, you probably don't know that I'm the kind of person who spent the last week telling my wife, "This thing is going to raise about $150, and then I'll have to print copies out of pocket so fulfill my commitments to those five people." I could not have dared expect that I would cross the 90%-funded threshold in less than 72 hours.  I'm floored by the passion and generosity of everyone involved.

I'm also acutely aware that the cool perks that I had included in the initial roll-out of the crowdfunding campaign have basically sold completely out! I didn't expect to burn through all of the premium merch so soon, and I'm working on seeing what else I have to offer. In the next couple of days, I'll have additional perks listed for anyone who hasn't yet decided what they want, but was hoping to get their hands on something one-of-a-kind. I'm also shocked that the "Artisanal Edition," which I limited to ten copies because I anticipate that it will be a lot more work than I bargained for, has sold completely out of those ten preorders already. I'm not going to add any more to that -- first for my sanity, and second because they were intended as ultra-rare, and just doubling the availability after people had already bought in might make it feel less special to those backers. I will, however, be offering something in the same vein over the weekend. 

I am also adding new perks so that international customers can get the hardcover and softcover, something that I had forgotten wasn't already in place until someone asked for it today.

DuJour means "More updates soon." Thank you again for all your generous support.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A brief update

Josie Day!

200% Funded