Josie Day!

 What's new with your project today?

It's JOSIE Weekend!

On Sunday, not only will the crowdfunding campaign for Best Movie EVer wrap up, but it will mark the 20th anniversary of the theatrical release of Josie and the Pussycats. To celebrate that, and give eveyone a very small taste of what's coming up in the book when it hits those virtual stands in August, I've put together Twenty

Yep -- like Seventeen, except to celebrate 20 years of Josie and the Pussycats. This is a fun little bit of business I've put together for the web, so that those of you who have supported the book see some of the early quotes from my interviews with director Harry Elfont, stars Rachael Leigh Cook and Russ Leatherman (Mr. Moviefone), and author and YouTuber Jeremy Scott.

This is my "very cool perk" that I had promised people who supported the book by March 21, but given that we're about to hit 300% of our original goal, I went ahead and decided that it was probably fine to let everyone in the fun. There's also a small, kind of viral component that I'll get into below.

Additionally, there's a quick run through the soundtrack with Kay Hanley, who provided the singing voice for Josie, which we did THIS AFTERNOON to celebrate the reissue of the soundtrack on vinyl from Mondo, whose Josie landing page also has some other cool merch like t-shirts and a Megarecords slip mat for your turntable.

You can download TWENTY here.

There's also an ad for Megarecords in the magazine, which directs you to JosieBook.com. Right now, it's just a form for my newsletter, as it has been for the last few months. But on Sunday, I'll be making some tweaks for the 20th anniversary, and anybody who signs up for the newsletter will be kept up on progress as publication nears...and will be getting a cool digital freebie.

The first person who looked this over for me asked whether the Twenty magazine can be made available for sale. It isn't likely. Since this was meant as a free internet thing for fans, I grabbed some photos and clipart that don't belong to me, and if I were to make it commercially available, I would have to replace all of those. Maybe if there's enough of an interest for me to rework the magazine, I'll consider it...but for now, I'll probably just use the best elements of this as part of the Josie Supplement.

This weekend, in addition to updating the IndieGoGo page when the new JosieBook.com is in place, I'll introduce you all to the people who are helping me design and edit the book, bringing it to life in the weeks and months to come.

DuJour means friendship,

 

Russ


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A brief update

200% Funded