Into the Final Stretch

 As of today, there are 3 weeks left in the campaign. I'd once again like to thank everybody for being so responsive to the book, and for supporting this passion project.

After reaching out to the guy who I got most of my prop collection from, I've got a number of pairs of mind control headphones (stunt version) available again -- with a hitch. These are distressed pairs -- cracked and/or missing the foam covers over the ears. I've put them up for half the price of the "regular" ears, and included a note that if you'd like, I'll do my best to restore them by reconnecting the cracked part and/or buying new foam pads (which are cheap to get in bulk). But I doin't want to ASSUME that's what people want since technically itw ould be making a modification to an original prop.  I know that the ears are a big thing people have said they're sad they missed, so I got my hands on as many of them as I could, and I'm only hanging onto a few sets for when the book is closer to actual release and I can do a contest or something.

He also found me a pile of 45 record labels. Obviously they didn't actually MAKE a single for the movie, but they needed props that looked like they did, so they printed a bunch of these labels and filled them with then-current magazine pages to look like liner notes. I've listed those, too, if you want a little piece of the movie at its cheapest.

In the coming days, I'll have some news about an event I'm going to put together to celebrate the film's 20th anniversary on April 9. I didn't really plan it that way, but it's two days before the end of this campaign, so it feels like a good opportunity to celebrate the movie AND do one last big push for the book before it becomes available to preorder on Amazon and the like.

If you are an international reader and have already bought a book, feel free to email me directly or message me via the campaign, and I can set it up so you can get one of these items while minimizing your shipping. International shipping is pretty hellish already, so I'm going to consolidate as much as I can, and I'm sure I can pass those savings on to you as long as you reach out in advance of ordering.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A brief update

Josie Day!

200% Funded